You are here
FromDual InfoFeed (en)
We are very satisfied with the functionality and the launch. The entire Cluster is running absolutely stable. This is a significant advantage for our customers because we are able to offer our services without interruption. We will use Galera in further projects and convert our existing Master/Slave installations.
A. Rempening, Datenbank-Administrator, KiKxxl GmbH
Download this case study: KiKxxl Gmbh: Highly available communication services based on a MySQL database and Galera Cluster (PDF, 420 kbyte).
FromDual has the pleasure to announce the release of the new version 1.0.2 of its popular multi-instance MySQL Environment MyEnv.
You can download MyEnv from here.
In the inconceivable case that you find a bug in MyEnv please report it to our Bugtracker.
Any feedback, statements and testimonials are welcome as well! Please send them to email@example.com.
If you have questions about MyEnv we will answer them in the MyEnv forum.Upgrade from 1.0.x to 1.0.2 # cd /home/mysql/product # tar xf /tmp/myenv-1.0.2.tar.gz # rm -f myenv # ln -s myenv-1.0.2 myenv
Add the following line to your ~/.bash_profile:# BEGIN MyEnv # Written by the MyEnv installMyEnv.php script. . /etc/myenv/MYENV_BASE MYENV_PWD=`pwd` cd $MYENV_BASE/bin . myenv.profile up cd $MYENV_PWD # END MyEnv Changes in MyEnv 1.0.2 MyEnv
- Missing [client] section in my.cnf should not lead to error any more (Bug #95).
- profile.template removed because it is redundant to installer information.
- up removed from myenv.profile.
- Also root should be allowed to start MySQL (Bug #99).
- Status for OEM agent implemented (oem_agent.php). To activate this feature copy it from utl/oem_agent.php to plg/showMyEnvStatus/.
- Plug-in interface for showMyEnvStatus.php implemented.
- Debug information improved.
- Empty line after environment switch removed.
- One missing error line in myenv_start_stop.php was added.
- Return code in myenv_start_stop.php is nicer now.
- Difference between my.cnf and myenv.conf should be warning and not an error.
- Error messages made more precise.
- Made it more clear that MyEnv is distributed under GPL v2.
- Deleting the actual instance with MyEnv Installer should no longer confuse MyEnv (Bug #104).
- RPM packages for CentOS 6, Fedora 18 and 19, RHEL 5 and 6 are available.
- User experience during deleting an instance improved (Bug #96).
- Deleting a running instance is not allowed. Much more verbose information about (Bug #89).
- Instance name black list added.
- Instances should be listed when change was chosen (#93).
- Replace multi-line readline output to fixed crippled output in menu selection (Bug #103).
- alter_engine.pl should now work for socket and port, local and remote.
- Password is not exposed any more in alter_engine.pl.
- Query bench (query_bench.phpx) added for micro bench marks.
- Automated mysql_bman tests should all pass again.